Saturday 20 March 2010

The Ugly Truth


"The Ugly Truth", the movie tries to present is, definitely "ugly" but not the "truth".. at least not for the whole male&female population.. Of course, since this is a romantic comedy, one could take the statements made by the characters lightly and not care that much.. but when those statements are spoken loudly as "truth" and repeated throught the movie, it's harder to ignore..

I don't know, may be I was expecting something similar to When Harry Met Sally with witty dialogues and clever jokes about men-women, relationships.. but what we got instead is bad and crude language; and cliché ridden, bad script.. I like watching Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler on screen but they could not save this movie with what they've got.

I have to be fair... I think my expectations were a bit high and there were some parts which made me laugh.. but they were far and betwen.. so I don't think I will want a repeat viewing or recommend it to others..

Gets 5/10 from me..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails