Saturday 12 September 2009

The Covenant


The movie's official poster has the following plot introduction: "In 1692, five families with untold power formed a covenant of silence. One family who lasted for more was banished, leaving their bloodline to disappear without a trace... Until Now."

Now, this is a kind of story intro that will attract my attention. I like my romantic comedies and dramas.. but I also like epic stories, supernatural stories, action movies, thrillers, etc. The above plot and the trailer seemed to have elements of all above, so you can guess my excitement and expectations.. The story, and therefore the movie, had potential... so much potential!

Yet.. that potential was wasted! The action scenes, the special effects were good, the music and the actors were efficient.. however, poor dialogues and incomplete/unexplained sub-plots prevented this to be better movie as a whole. If they decide to do a sequel (the ending was quite open for a sequel), they'd better have more adequate writers..

Gets a 7/10 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails